YPG Scavenger Hunt 2017 - Details and Rules
Register for the Scavenger Hunt HERE!
1. Game Basics
2. Team Check-In
1. Game Basics
- Game day is Saturday, June 10, 2017. Check in is at 1:00pm. The scavenger hunt is from 1:30 to 5:00pm.
- Players will receive paper copies of the clues at check in.
- The List of Clues will include the clue number, the clue itself, and its point value (the higher the point value, the harder it is to decipher the clue and/or get to the location of the answer). Phones can be used for research.
- Each team will need at least one smartphone with a data plan so that they can post their team’s photos to Instagram for scoring. If you don’t have Instagram, please download it (it’s free!). Instragram accounts used for the scavenger hunt need to be public (viewable by everyone).
- This is a car-free photo scavenger hunt. That means getting around with transit and any human-powered form of transportation (i.e. no cars, car-shares, carpools, car2gos, Lyfts, übers, taxis, Zipcars, etc.)
2. Team Check-In
- Players are to meet at 1pm at the flower pots outside of the Sheraton Hotel on the NW corner of 7th Ave/Union St to check in with their team, receive paper copies of the clues, and be assigned team numbers that will be used to hashtag photos when posting to Instagram.
- All players must be registered before the start of the scavenger hunt. Register online or at check-in.
- During team check in, we may reassign people to different teams if needed based on attendance. The maximum number of players per team is 6.
- The scavenger hunt officially “opens” at 1:30pm, at which point teams can begin taking photos and posing them to Instagram.
- Players must decipher the clues from the list of clues to identify local landmarks and/or planning-related items and their location. Players may tackle as many clues as they like, in any order they wish. There’s a lot of clues, so don’t worry about finding all of them, just as many as your team is able to.
- Once the item is identified, take a clear photo of it and post it onto Instagram with the clue number in the caption and the following hashtags:
- #2017ypgsh and #2017ypgshT1 (#2017ypgshT2 for Team 2, #2017ypgshT3 for Team 3, etc.)
- For each answer, please only post one photo per team (i.e. multiple people on the same team should not post photos for the same answer).
- Teams must travel as a group. Someone from your team must be visible in all photos submitted. Photos where your team is not visible will be ineligible for points.
- Be safe and sensible when you’re running around Seattle! Please don’t endanger yourself and others, trespass on private property, or do anything illegal for the sake of scoring points.
- If you have any questions during the scavenger hunt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The game officially “closes” at 5:00pm - photos received after this time will not be accepted.
- After the game closes, players will meet at Seapine Brewing in SODO (2959 Utah Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134) to celebrate with drinks and food. The final scores will be tallied, winners announced, and prizes awarded.
If you have any questions about the scavenger hunt, or need some clarifications, please email email@example.com